Why is flossing important?
Flossing is an essential part of maintaining good oral hygiene. It helps remove plaque and food particles that brushing alone cannot reach. By flossing daily, you can prevent gum disease, cavities, and bad breath.
Benefits of flossing with TePe Mini flosser:
- Perfect for narrow spaces
- Pre-loaded dental floss holder for easy and convenient use.
- Strong, thin teflon free floss with a handle made from sugar cane and wood fibres.
- Unique designed bite plane that helps to gently insert the floss.
- Low climate impact
- Comes in a bag made from sugarcane
How to floss properly?
To floss effectively, follow these simple steps:
- Hold the Miniflosser tightly between your thumbs and index fingers.
- Gently slide the Mini flosser between your teeth using a back-and-forth motion.
- Curve the floss around each tooth in a and move it up and down to remove plaque and debris.
- Repeat this process for all your teeth
- Brush your teeth after you have flossed
What other interdental tools can enhance your flossing experience?
While traditional floss works well for most people, there are alternative tools that can make flossing easier and more effective:
1. Dental Floss Picks - TePe Good Mini-Flosser
Floss picks are small plastic devices with a short piece of floss stretched between two prongs. They provide a convenient way to floss, especially for those who struggle with traditional flossing techniques.
2. Interdental Brushes - TePe Interdental Brushes
Interdental brushes have small bristles that can reach between teeth and clean hard-to-reach areas. They are especially useful for individuals with larger gaps between their teeth or those who have trouble manoeuvring traditional floss.
3. Dental Floss - TePe Dental Floss
Dental Floss is an expanding and strong dental floss thread that efficiently and gently removes plaque between teeth.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How often should I floss?
A: It is recommended to floss at least once a day, preferably before bedtime, to remove plaque and food particles accumulated throughout the day.
Q: Can I reuse floss?
A: No, it is important to use a fresh section of floss for each tooth to avoid spreading bacteria.
Q: Should I floss before or after brushing?
A: It is generally recommended to floss before brushing to loosen plaque and debris, allowing the toothbrush bristles to reach more areas.
Daily routine tips for effective flossing:
Here are some additional tips to enhance your flossing routine:
- Make flossing a habit by incorporating it into your daily oral care routine.
- Take your time and be gentle to avoid injuring your gums.
- Consider using floss with added fluoride for extra protection against cavities.
- Don't forget to floss behind your back teeth as well.
- Tooth brushing takes care of about 60% of your mouth while interdental Cleaning with flossing or interdental brushes helps you clean 100% of your mouth
By following these flossing techniques and using the right tools, you can maintain a healthy smile and keep your teeth and gums in top shape. Remember, a few minutes of flossing each day can go a long way in preserving your oral health!